Saturday, June 14, 2014

I missed B3 today, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, White Rock, Christian Sasse At White Rock, and Berry College Bluebird, Decorah Bald Eagle Nest Attacked By Owl, Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In

I was running errands today and didn't get to see the Berry College Bald Eagle...

One of the Hays eaglets was chilling, one was wingercizing and one was showing off its branching skills today:



 
I couldn't get the close up cam at the White Rock nest. But I did get this s'cap from the wide angle PTZ cam. These two are so cute:

Then I brought up a live session with wildlife photographer Christian Sasse, who was at the White Rock nest. This series of s'caps are all from this session. This is such a beautiful area.

This is the nest and the neighboring tree where the close-up cam is located. You can see the wires running down next to the trunk of the tree.

The eaglets weren't showing themselves, so Christian focused on whatever was available. A crow...

...a bunny...

...a different crow.

Then things started happening at the nest.

Wingercizing:

Another shot of the area around the nest.

This is Christian Sasse showing his set-up to the viewers. He goes up in this lift to get a better vantage point to the nest.

This is mom Berry College Bluebird last night. Look at how big she puffs up to cover her babies and keep them warm.

There were four babies in the nest this morning when I checked in.

I love this s'cap! I just wish I'd gotten the fourth baby with its mouth open. I'm on a mission!

It's hot in the nest box at this time of year. The babies are panting to cool off.

The parents are going to have their work cut out for them, taking care of both ends of all of these hatchlings. I see two packets of poop that the parents will remove...

There was drama at the Decorah Bald Eagle nest last night. An owl made repeated attacks on the three eaglets. Here are the links to two videos that eaglewhisperer18 posted on YouTube. Part 1 and part 2.

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in. He hasn't gone far -- the fishing must be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment