Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, Decorah (Double Fledge), and Berry College Bluebird, Bald Eagles Camellia and NX Check In

It was raining at the Hays nest tonight when I checked the cam. One was on the branch and two were in the nest. 

Eaglets love to flap in the rain. I think that part of it is feeling the wind and another part is shaking off the rain.

The Two Harbors nest was empty earlier today when I checked in.

But when I checked in a short while ago, K43 was in the nest eating. With her back to us... Having just fledged Saturday, we will still see her in the nest regularly for meals.

I don't know if other people are having problems getting the close-up cam to work at the White Rock nest. And I can't get the wide-angle either. It seems the server crashed this afternoon. I suppose that takes out all three views. (But hey, at least the ads still play first!) This is really annoying! This is one of my favorite nests!!!

Two of the three Decorah eaglets fledged today. Here's a link to the video. They were probably trying to get away from the lice! I've never seen so much head-shaking in my life! In the last few seconds of this video of the first fledge you can see a lot of lice on the head of the eaglet that jumped up next to the cam. I'm itchy all over now!

The Berry College Bluebirds are changing so fast! Here's my s'caps from today. Look at the little foot!

They are arranged so nicely here, showing off the feathers coming in along their spines. I didn't see as much panting today. I think it was a little cooler.

These two were cracking me up: "You move!" "No, you move!" "Mom! I was here first!"


I took this s'cap to show the baby on the bottom right. Big leg and the wing is huge and feathered compared to yesterday (and even compared to the other babies).

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in. He's been on an adventure!

Bald Eagle NX checked in too. She has put on the miles but hasn't gotten very far...

No comments:

Post a Comment