Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Maine, Two Harbors, Berry College Bluebird, White Rock (With Christian Sasse), Africam Black Eagle, Dyfi Osprey, White-bellied Sea Eagle

Too many cams, not enough time! I guess I could have worse problems!

I checked in at the Hays nest and the one youngster that hasn't fledged yet was hiding behind a branch...

Things are looking good at the Maine nest. Here's the eaglet doing a big stretch:

The Two Harbors fledgling K43 was at home this evening. (I hate it when I don't notice the blue circle of wait when I take a s'cap...):


The Berry College Bluebirds are looking like actual birds now! The feathers along the back have filled in. Just yesterday they had mohawks...

Christian Sasse was broadcasting live at the White Rock nest again today! I've got so many s'caps to process! First, here's the look from earlier today of the wide-angle cam:

I didn't have time yesterday to process all of the s'caps I got during Christian Sasse's live broadcast. Here are those. One of the eaglets was posing nicely for the camera:


Dad was perched in a nearby tree.

He needs to use a napkin...

That's just rude! I was trying for the poop shot and missed... All I got was the full moon... (Funny thing -- I sent this out to some folks that don't usually watch bird cams and had to explain to about half of them what this was... One person thought it was an owl. If you squint really hard...)

The eaglet (above) knows to lighten the load -- even if it's just to wingercize.


Dad put on his sexy face to do some preening!

Christian Sasse is on again tonight and I've got a bunch more s'caps to process. Again... I will post them tomorrow or Friday. Here are a few for now:


You can see the close-in cam here that is (unfortunately) not working...

Something is flying over the nest.

Hello, eaglet!

This is one of Christian's dogs. It was doing the same thing my dog does, fighting keeping its eyes open.

I had about 20 minutes in front of my computer this morning. Here's the Africam Black Eagle this morning:


I checked in at the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest this morning too. It's always dark at this cam when I get home from work, with the IR turning off after midnight my time. Sometimes I'm up that late working on my post. But for the most part I won't have daytime shots of this nest unless I have time before work... Which I did this morning!


I can see a head poking out. I'm not sure if there's smudges on the cam or if it's the light...

This s'cap was taken after I got home from work this evening. One of the babies has its head tucked. I can see the eye of the other chick that is in face-plant mode.

 I caught Dad at home tonight again at the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest. There is a flurry of last minute nest preparations before an egg is laid. This is a great time to start watching this nest!

Dad is admiring his work.

I think there are enough crib rails on the back. I hope he doesn't build up the front that high. It would block the cam!


I caught the fly-away. So this is what their tails look like...

They zoomed out at one point and I was able to see more of the surrounding area:

No comments:

Post a Comment