Friday, June 27, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: Hays (Fledge!), Two Harbors, Berry College Bluebird, White Rock, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Africam Black Eagle, and Dyfi Osprey, And Bald Eagle NX Checked In

The last of the Hays eaglets fledged today. Here's a link to the video of the big leap. Congratulations to the Hays nest for three fledges this year!

The Two Harbors fledgling was in the nest eating today. The sun angle is horrible at this nest!


The Berry College Bluebirds are so big now they have a hard time staying out of each other's way. They are very tolerant of each other's wingercizing.

 
I am starting to get a stockpile of s'caps from Christian Sasse's live broadcasts at the White Rock nest. So, here are all of the rest of what's fit to post from 6/25. (I don't know if I'm ever going to catch up! He was on again tonight! I hope you all are able to catch these broadcasts, they are fantastic!) OK. Here's everything from 6/25...





















And here's a few from tonight. I'll try to finish processing the rest tomorrow... But there's three hundred s'caps to go through. ANd then I need to crop the ones I select to post. It's very time consuming with this new program I'm using. I need to find a program that takes only the area I designate, not the entire window. And then automatically saves the file so I there's no delay in being able to take another. (And free is always good...) Anyway, these are from today.





Eagles keep their nictitating membranes closed while preening to protect their eyes.


This is Dad.


Here's the other nests I checked today. The White-bellied Sea Eagle:








 The Africam Black Eagle. No adult was home, and the baby was just a sleeping puddle of fluff:

The Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest this morning was showing one of the adults perched on a branch with what looks like a yurt in the background. I don't know if that's some viewing building or what. I can see a person inside and it looks like they are looking toward the camera.

Bald Eagle NX checked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment