Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: Berry College Bluebird (Fledge!), Maine, Two Harbors, White Rock, Africam Black Eagle, and Dyfi Osprey

I didn't have much time for nest watching today. I missed the fledge of the Berry College Bluebirds. I did find this video that goes through from hatch to fledge. I missed seeing the hatch and the fledge, so I was happy to find this video. It's a little long (27:27) but it covers the entire 18 days... Here's the empty nest tonight... Be safe little ones!

The Maine eaglet seems to be doing well. Whenever I check in, there is chat about the day's feedings... This eaglet is 67 days old now. We can start looking for fledge next week. I haven't been observing this nest much, so haven't seen any clues as to how ready she is to fledge.

I checked the Hays nest today, and nobody was home...

The Two Harbors eaglet K43 was hanging out just at the edge of the cam. It's nice that she still comes to the nest...

Christian Sasse had his equipment set up and streaming tonight at the White Rock nest. Such a treat!




The eaglet disappeared from view for a little while, so I switched to the wide-angle cam to see what was happening in the nest.

It wasn't long before an eaglet showed up again for Christian. They are constantly looking around. That's how you survive in the wild...















I overslept and got to work super-late today. So, no time to check the cams before work... I did find a video from the Africam Black Eagle from today. There's a lot happening in this video (2:16)!

I can see the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest after work. So it was no big deal missing it this morning. I checked that nest a couple of times today, but nobody was home either time. But that's ok -- we are one day closer to eggs!

I checked the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest after work and it was dark there. I took this s'cap at 8:10PM east coast time.

It's 11:30PM here now and it is dawn at the nest... I don't know when Mom sleeps! She spends a lot of time being alert...

No comments:

Post a Comment