Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: White Rock (Fledge!), Hays, Berry College Empty Nest, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Africam Black Eagle, Dyfi Osprey, Bald Eagles Grace and Camellia Check In

I think I saw the second eaglet at White Rock fledge tonight. Both of the siblings were at home when I brought up the nest cam tonight.

There was some wingercizing. In this s'cap, the wings are out and only one foot is on the branch!

This seems to be the "take-off branch."

One of the eaglets took off, leaving the other to watch after it.

The other sibling hopped up onto the branch...

...felt the wind...

...took a little hop onto the branch where the sibling had taken off...

...at this point, I was interrupted by an ad. Darn it! And then I couldn't get the cam to come back up. I finally had to refresh...

...when I got the cam back up, the nest was empty. I don't know if this was fledge or not? I've scouted around and nobody reported a fledge of the second eaglet prior to this. So, this must have been fledge!

Here is another of Christian Sasse's pictures of the White Rock nest, posted here with his permission. I love this picture!

I brought up some of the oldie but goody cams tonight. I found one of the fledglings at home at the Hays nest:

Look at all this grass growing in the Berry College nest! It's kinda pretty, but I wonder what Mom and Dad Berry think when they find all of this grass in the nest.

The White-bellied Sea Eagle was sitting tight tonight, keeping the eggs dry from the rain.

I checked back quite a bit later and found the sun was out and they had the cam zoomed in a little bit. Very nice!

I was able to check in on the Africam Black Eagle this morning before work. Have you noticed that you can see the baby's ear? It's just a hole in the side of the head. See the dark spot behind its eye? You can see it better in the s'caps in my previous post of this nest, I just hadn't thought to point it out until now...

The babies at the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest are getting a lot more active now. I see blue bands on their legs too. I'm not sure when that happened...



They are getting big, but still look so little when they go to sleep.

Bald Eagles Grace and Camellia have both checked in. Here's the links:
  • Grace -- includes new pictures, and check out those muddy toes!
  • Camellia

No comments:

Post a Comment