Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: White Rock, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Africam Black Eagle, and Dyfi Osprey, Pictures of Bald Eagle Grace, and Decorah's D18 Electrocuted

This first s'cap of the White Rock nest is from the wide-angle cam:

Then I brought up the live discussion page and found Christian Sasse was on. I got some great s'caps!







They were both napping tonight.


And then popping back up to look around.




This one is sleeping with one eye open. Kinda creepy looking...

In this s'cap, you can see that the eaglet's right eye is open. The lid is partly closed on its left eye. Opposite from us, their eyelid comes up from the bottom when they close their eyes.

This is one of Christian Sasse's pictures of these eaglets -- posted here with his permission:

I got a look at the White-bellied Sea Eagle's eggs tonight when Dad stood up.


 
I finally got the Africam Black Eagle cam to come up today! But I didn't get much of a look at the baby... Totally blocked here. 
 
The baby is a little visible here. Unfortunately, that's as good as it got during the limited time I could watch. (My job is getting in the way of my nest cam addiction!)



I haven't heard these eagles vocalize very much... Something must have been flying over the nest.


The Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project chicks are more active these days. One of the adults is on the high perch in the background.


Reese posted new pictures of Bald Eagle Grace and her sister.

Sad news. One of Decorah's fledglings, D18 (EWOT), was electrocuted and died. This same nest lost two of its fledglings to electrocution two years ago. My heart goes out to all of the followers of this nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment