Sunday, July 20, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: White Rock, Hays, White-bellied Sea Eagle, and Dyfi Osprey, and Bald Eagle Grace Checked In

A lot of pictures today! I had a good time watching the White Rock nest! So, I'm going to start off there. First a stretch and a scratch. (Then some sequences...)
 

 There was some synchronized shaking:


I got a little bit of a landing sequence. I starting taking s'caps as soon as I saw it coming... The sib saw it coming sooner!





The sibling that landing wanted to hop down into the nest. First, it scooted down by the sibling, which resulted in some funny looks being passed between them.















The one that had jumped down into the nest jumped up onto the branch, then jumped to the other branch.
















 I got a couple of take-off sequences. Here's the first:











And then I got this shorter take-off sequence. I thought the eaglet hit the branch on its way, but then I looked at the s'caps I took and it looks like it bounced the branch with its feet on the way by (second scap):




This is one of Christian Sasse's pictures of this nest, posted here with his permission:

I checked the Hays nest today and found one of the fledglings at the nest.


I only spent a little bit of time with the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest. I did get to see a shift change.



 
 The babies at the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest were in pancake mode today.

The next time I looked, one of the parents was on the back perch and both of the chicks were preening.

The chicks are becoming more active.


The other parent came to the nest.


I don't know why my screen capture program switched to black and white. But I like these s'caps, so I'm keeping them...


 
Bald Eagle Grace checked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment