Sunday, July 6, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, White Rock, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Dyfi Osprey

I found two of the fledglings at home at the Hays nest today:

This was taken several hours later -- one of them still at home.
 
Christian Sasse was on live tonight at the White Rock nest. These are my s'caps from his live broadcast.








I like how the sky was changing today.



 
I had a hard time getting the wide-angle cam to come up today. But I finally got it and found the sibs side-by-side. Of course... So cute!
 
These s'caps were taken from the new Bay cam on the White Rock site. I never got a close enough look at a cormorant to see how pretty its feathers are.


It was preening and preening...



...and then it finally looked around.


We should see the second egg laid tonight at the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest.








These eagles always look like they are wearing bloomers to me when they stand up...


This is Mom.
 

Dad came in from the right.




Mom needs to adjust some of the greenery in the nest.





That got her up...



She makes her way over next to Dad.


And then she takes off.


Dad settles in, taking his turn incubating the egg.


Much later I checked in to see if the second egg had been laid. But there was no mention of it in chat... Usually, Mom will lay her eggs between 5-6PM, so even now, there's a few hours to go... Hopefully, we'll see two eggs tomorrow.
 
I caught a feeding this morning at the  Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest.

I was surprised to see how big the babies are! It's been so long that I've only seen them laying down...

It's Mom in the nest -- showing her blue leg band.



No comments:

Post a Comment