Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: Berry College Bluebird (Hatch!), Africam Black Eagle, White-bellied Sea Eagles, White Rock, and Dyfi Osprey (Fledge!), and Bald Eagles Camellia and Grace Checked In

Sunday was a big day in the bird world, with a hatch and a fledge.

One of the Berry College Bluebirds hatched on Sunday. But none have hatched since. So, it looks like they will only raise one from this clutch.

It was feeding time this morning at the Africam Black Eagle nest. I didn't get a very good look at the chick, but from what I can see, there are more black feathers.


The White-bellied Sea Eagles continue to incubate their eggs.


I got to see the eggs today!



I missed a shift change during an ad playing. Darn it!


Nobody was home today when I checked the White Rock nest. So, I'll just show another of Christian Sasse's pictures from this nest, posted here with his permission:

The new camera angle on Sunday at the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest was because they were on fledge watch. And one of the osprey did fledge Sunday at exactly 7 weeks old. Check out this video of the fledge. The video gives a better idea of what's around the nest. The reason I went looking was because there only appeared to be one chick in the nest this morning. I didn't think either one was done growing yet... I guess I was wrong. I like how the one in the nest is taking advantage of the extra space, with that leg stretched out! That might be the fledgling on the perch in the background.

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in.

Bald Eagle Grace checked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment