Monday, July 7, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: White Rock, White-bellied Sea Eagle (Egg #2!), Africam Black Eagle, and Dyfi Osprey, and Locations for Bald Eagles Camellia and Grace

The White Rock eaglets are getting ready to fledge. They are spending more time on branches and are wingercizing and hopping around the nest more. I'd say they are ready to go any day now. Christian Sasse was on live tonight, so I got some s'caps from his set-up. I first took this one from the wide-angle cam.

Then I switched to the live broadcast.




Look out below!





Hopping up on the branch next to sibling.

This is the first time I've seen them both on a branch.


I switched to the White-bellied Sea Eagle cam for a few minutes and when I came back, this was the scene: 

So I switched back to the wide-angle cam. Yep, getting darker. But I can still make out one of the eaglets wingercizing.

The White-bellied Sea Eagle laid her second egg right on time yesterday. Here's a link to the video of her laying the egg. When I checked in just now, I think I found Dad incubating the eggs.

He gave us a very brief look at the eggs...

...before blocking the view with his back, doing an egg roll and lying back down.

I caught a couple of feedings today. The first was at the Africam Black Eagle nest.


The second was just now at the  Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest. These babies are finally becoming more active.






Libby is filling in for Reese and posted location updates for Bald Eagles Camellia and Grace. She has also shown how the Center for Conservation Biology uses the data gathered by tracking Bald Eagles' locations. Very interesting. There are also new pictures of Grace that Shelly took.

No comments:

Post a Comment