Friday, July 4, 2014

Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Maine, Empty Nests at Berry College and Two Harbors, White Rock, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Africam Black Eagle, and Dyfi Osprey

I didn't spend a lot of time today watching cams, but I got some good stuff!

Just now I checked the Hays nest and found one of the fledglings sleeping in the nest. I could hear fireworks going off and it didn't seem bothered. Folks in chat said another one of the fledglings was hiding in the tree. Here's the one in the nest.

I caught the Maine fledgling at home today too.

There is more grass in the Berry College nest than the last time I looked. (Not the good stuff...)

The Two Harbors nest might start growing grass too... (Still not the good stuff...)

 Look at what I found when I brought up the White Rock nest! One of the eaglets out on the branch! (Some of the good stuff!)

Find the landing spot in the nest...

...and leap!

A little bit later, another leap back onto the branch.




The eaglet spent some time going back and forth between the nest and the branch.

The eaglet did some wingercizing on the branch while watching its sibling.

Eventually the two ended up laying side by side in the nest -- two peas in a pod...

In a previous post, I showed David Hancock installing a new cam out in the bay. This s'cap was taken last night.

And this one was taken today. This cam is located on the White Rock cam page.

I took this s'cap just now. Looks like it's a PTZ cam and someone does change it periodically...

Here's some more of the good stuff! Something told me to check the White-bellied Bald Eagle nest this morning, even though it was the middle of the night there. And this is what I found! Mom hovering over an egg.

I checked back later and she was incubating.

Dad arrived for a shift change and I got to see the egg.

Mom left and Dad settled in to incubate.




There's some good stuff here too. I brought up the Africam Black Eagle nest right after a feeding. Mom did a big stretch, even her left leg is extended in a stretch.

And then the wing gets a big stretch.

Then she looked around and called.

Then she did one of these big stretches.

Even little babies like to wingercize. So cute!

Baby has a big crop and there's leftovers laying in the nest. Those are both good things...

Look out below!

Mom settled in to brood the baby for a bit.

Mom was napping at the  Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project nest.

Every now and then she'd rouse herself and look around before closing her eyes again.


She gave a good shake at one point, giving this funny looking s'cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment