Saturday, May 2, 2015

Picture of Dad Norfolk and HE's Eaglet, Berry College Eagles Day 78&80 Fledge Watch Continues, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 34&36, White Rock Eagles Day 12&13, Africam Black Eagle, Loch of the Lowes Osprey

News Flash!! Mike has posted a picture of Dad Norfolk and HE's eaglet on the Norfolk Eagles Forum! Here's the link.

Still no fledge yet at the Berry College nest. It could still be a while... During the time I watched the Norfolk Botanical Eagle Cam, they fledged between 74 and 83 days. And last year's Berry College Eagle fledged on day 89. So, it could happen tomorrow or next week... I had a hard time with their cams today. I think my internet is still degraded from the rain. Here's the two eaglets in the nest. The one on the right was chowing down...

The Harrison Bay eaglets' feathers are really coming in. They are changing so fast day-by-day...


I love the close-ups!

 The babies are getting pretty good at walking.

I think one of these chicks is way bigger than the other. Look at these next three s'caps. What do you think?



It's a pretty day at the White Rock nest! Something must have been flying over when I first brought up the nest. Mom was looking up and calling.

A little while later, she left the nest for a short break.

She wasn't gone very long... Maybe she just needed to stretch her wings.

She perched for a moment...

...then hopped back down into the nest with her babies.

The Africam Black Eagles are still incubating their eggs. It should be just over three weeks before we get a hatch.


The Loch of the Lowes Osprey mom treated us to this big stretch!

Osprey wings have more cup than a Bald Eagle, giving them greater lift. I'm always surprised seeing them take off. Bald Eagles launch themselves from a perch. But Osprey just lift off with hardly a jump.

It was raining last night at the Dyfi nest when I checked in and the picture was distorted because the lens was wet. So, no s'cap from them today.

I got a reply from Reese Lukei regarding inbreeding in Bald Eagles. He has sent my question to Dr. Bryan Watts, the Director of The Center for Conservation Biology. I'll let you know what he says...

No comments:

Post a Comment