Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hatch Watch Continues at the Africam Black Eagle Nest, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 56&58, White Rocke Eagles Day 34&35, Loch of the Lowes Osprey Day 2,4&5, Dyfi Osprey on Hatch Watch!

The Africam Black Eagle cam is freezing horribly. But, I did get two looks at the eggs today and I don't see a pip or any sign of hatching. Mom is spending most of the time on the eggs, as it should be...

Finally, a look at the eggs. Is that just dirt?

Mom is back on the nest and we get to see the angel on her back.

Then after dark, we see the eggs again. I don't see a pip in either egg.



It looked like a lazy day at the Harrison Bay nest. I haven't seen one of these eaglets tuck their head before. Growing is hard work!

Hours later and these two are snuggled together again. That's a turtle shell to their right. I've seen a lot of turtles eaten at this nest...

The eaglets are still flirting with branching.

Wingercizing helps to build their flight muscles.
 
They look full grown to me. They are eight weeks old.
 
Of course, they are snuggled up overnight.
 
Look at how big the White Rock babies are! They are five weeks old now...

I was concerned when Mom stood up at the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest and all I could see for a minute was two babies. First, Dad brought in a fish.

Then... Where's the baby?

It took a couple of attempts to get its head out from between its siblings.

I thought the littlest had a shot at getting one bite, but the opportunity was missed. The only baby to get any bites during this feeding was the one in front. I don't know how much the baby has gotten since I've been trying to record the Black Eagle nest. (So many nests, not enough bandwidth...) So, I haven't had an opportunity to watch this nest much...

The baby did get a morsel on the top of its head. And the little piggy that got all of the food needs a napkin!

The Dyfi Osprey nest is on hatch watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment