Monday, May 25, 2015

Loch of the Lowes Osprey Day 1,3&4 Third Hatch!, Africam Black Eagle on Hatch Watch

The Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey had their third hatch today! So awesome to see this success for this first time pair. I love the look of Mom's feathers in this s'cap. This is such a high quality cam:

Dad fed Mom again today.

And here's the first look at the three babies. The newest hatchling is still half in the shell and its down is still wet from being inside the shell. "Hello World!":

The baby seems to be fitting right in!


I think it gets a little bite of food here. (That's Mom's beak in the top right of the s'cap.)

Hatching is exhausting work. And begging for food has worn it out. You can see between the two siblings that it's still halfway in the shell. It's face is to the right of the right-hand sibling. 

Here's the video of Dad feeding Mom (she was being a little demanding), then Mom gets up and we can see the three babies. This is where the above s'caps came from. Here's  Baby On The Half Shell (8:58):

The Africam Black Eagles are on hatch watch. I had a very hard time getting this cam to come up. And once I got it, it kept freezing. Very frustrating. I don't know if it's having problems because of the increase in viewers for hatch watch. I hope it gets better once things settle down. These are the s'caps that I was able to get today. Every time I'd lose the cam, when I finally got it back she'd be facing a different direction, telling me I'd missed an opportunity to see the eggs...



Finally, I got the cam back and she was off of the eggs. I don't see any sign of hatching yet...


No comments:

Post a Comment