Thursday, May 14, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 90&92

Good news. Both of the Berry College fledglings were seen in the nest area today! I had fun with a couple of s'caps today. A Blue Jay perched on the front branch. So I did some computer magic and put the Blue Jay perched next to the Eaglets, using a s'cap I'd previously taken on 4/28 of the Eaglets. I just wanted to get an idea of the size difference. Blue Jays are big birds but they are nothing compared to an Eagle. Sorry to yell, but the following is for the people that only look at the pictures without reading: THEY WERE NEVER SITTING SIDE BY SIDE! I did that digitally... The below is not a real screen capture!

I've got one video from today. Mom arrived at the nest with a squirrel. She was enjoying her meal when one of the fledglings joined her. Then Mom left and the youngster finished the squirrel then goofed around for a while. The video ends with the eaglet dozing while perched on the front branch. You can watch Mom and Fledgling here or at the link (9:26).

No comments:

Post a Comment