Sunday, May 3, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 79&81 Fledge Watch Continues, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 35&37, White Rock Eagles Day 13&14 Family Scene, Crippled Back-yard Cardinal Has a Mate!

Still no fledge at the Berry College nest. They are trying out different branches... Here they are on the front branches, their normal perches.

And now on one of the back branches. I've seen Dad take off from this branch, so who knows...

That gives a nicer silhouette than the front right branch.

Zoomer this weekend has spent a lot of time not looking at the babies. It's kind of frustrating when I only have a few minutes to check in and I find this:

I'm just glad that we can rewind this cam... Sometimes, it takes me a second to figure out the orientation of these eaglets at this age...

I found the family all together at the White Rock nest. It was getting close to sunset there.

Looks like they are seeing eye-to-eye.

Mom took the food from in front of Dad, so he hopped over her to perch.

There was a fly-by that had Dad upset...

Really upset...

Pretty scene, with Dad watching over his family. I think Mom was oblivious to the fly-by.

Then Mom was ready for a break.

I think Dad just likes doing this...

I've got a really sweet scene playing out at my bird feeder. I've had a crippled female Cardinal out back for a couple of years now. One of her feet is deformed. I don't know if it's an injury or a birth defect. About a month ago, she started coming around with a fella. She is normally on her belly since it's hard for her to perch. (These are taken through my kitchen window.)

He brings her food. Even when she's right there at the food! So sweet! I think he understands how difficult it is for her to get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment