Thursday, May 7, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 83&85 Did They Fledge?

I have been on pins and needles watching the Berry College nest. I am so invested in this nest at this point and I don't want to miss the moment! So I keep the cam up and the video recording BUT THEY JUST WON'T JUMP!!! OK. I feel better now! I'll keep the vigil! Here's the s'caps from today:

Here's a leap from the front right branch to the nest.

The eaglets are spending a lot of time in the branches. You can tell the parent by the white head. The baby on the right has its wings spread to help keep its balance as it moves along the branch.

The eaglets are perched side-by-side.

I'm ready for my close-up!


Look at how high that baby is!

I was worried I missed something when I only found one baby asleep in the nest tonight.

Not to worry. The green circle is the eaglet. The blue circle is the parent. The other eaglet is in the nest.

I found a couple of interesting videos that were posted by K Stone during the past week. I like their videos... This first one is an almost accidental fledge (or a fludge as they call it.) I missed this -- it's scary seeing how close the eaglet came to falling. (1:09)

And this one is a pretty good food fight. (6:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment