Monday, May 18, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 94&96 Early Morning Visit By Dad, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 50&52, White Rock Eagles Day 28&29, Loch of the Lowes Osprey, Dyfi Osprey, Berry College Bluebirds Fledge!

The Berry College nest is like a light switch was turned off. I am so used to fledglings using the nest as a base camp for food deliveries for a while after fledging. I included some numbers in a post last year about how long some other fledglings stayed around the nest. Here's a link to that post. Last year, B3 was around the nest for 3 weeks after fledging. My last s'cap of B3 at the nest was on day 111. She fledged on day 89. But B4 and B5 this year were absent from the nest in just a week. That's very unusual. I believe they are ok. Just hanging out with the parents elsewhere and learning from them. Maybe we will see them again. Talons crossed! Dad did come to the nest early this morning. He flew in while the IR cam was still turned on.

The cam turned off. He dug around the nest for a bit and ate some nestovers. Then, he was off...

One of the eaglets at the Harrison Bay nest tried to hoard all of the food. Check out the Little Piggy video (2:27):
 
It was later in the day when I checked in on the White Rock nest. This view is from the overhead cam in the daylight.

Here's the same view a short while later after it has switched over to the IR cam. Mom is staying close, protecting her babies.
 
The Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest is on hatch watch! There are three eggs at this nest. They can hatch any time between now and June 1st.

The Dyfi Osprey will enter the hatch window about a week later. There are also three eggs at this nest.

Wow! It looks like all of the Berry College Bluebirds fledged today. I was going to give you all a heads-up to watch this nest if you wanted to see them fledge. I just didn't know when they hatched so wasn't sure when fledge watch started. But they were starting to look like birds, so I figured it was close. And I missed... Sorry about that! I will record the events of the day. It looks like they were all there 19 hours ago. I'll record it tonight and tomorrow and see if I can't put together a video... If they don't reset the cam now that the nest is empty, and if the pending rain doesn't wipe out my internet, I'm hoping to have something for you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment