Sunday, May 17, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 93&95 Empty Nest, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 49&51, White Rock Eagles Day 27&28, Backyard Yellow-crowned Night Heron

There was nothing but an empty nest today at Berry College... Maybe we'll have a nest visit tomorrow... It's way too soon for the fledglings to be self-sufficient. I guess they are getting fed away from the nest. I hope they aren't gone already...

We got a nice close-up of one of the eaglet's feet today at the Harrison Bay nest. Look at those talons! I wouldn't want to be on the business end of those!

There's a sleepy baby in the nest tonight, dozing off and on.


I spent a lot of time watching the White Rock nest today. Here's a landing from the side.

Here's a good s'cap of the babies, even though they are looking in opposite directions.

Here's a landing sequence. I love the camera angle at this nest. You can see how graceful they are when they arrive at the nest:







Once they land on the branch, they can see where the eaglets are located in the nest. From there, it's a little hop over to a clear spot on the nest.

Eaglets look so round and cute from behind.

Remember all those fly-bys past the nest the other day? They focused the camera past the nest for a couple of minutes today. I guess this is an eagle concentration area. I had no idea... They panned around and found more than a dozen Bald Eagles.

I know that this is a ton of s'caps. But I think this nest and family are so pretty, I just can't help it!



 
 Leaving the nest.


I had a Yellow-crowned Night Heron out back yesterday. I've never seen one of these here before. I had my cell phone in my pocket and was able to grab a quick picture. Then I went inside so I wouldn't disturb its hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment