Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 88&90 Second Fledge!

The second eaglet at the Berry College Eagle's nest fledged this morning. If you blinked, you missed it! And I blinked, so thanks to Apollo in the Berry College Bluebird Chat for giving me the heads-up. Here's a link to the Second Fledge (4:18) video or you can watch it below:
 
I know many of you are new to my blog. I've been blogging about eagles and nature for a couple of years. I became an eagle junky in 2008 watching the eagle cam at the Norfolk Botanical Garden. My interest in eagles has evolved into a YouTube Channel and this blog.
I had always thought that this blog would be more interactive. You don't need a logon to leave a comment and start a discussion. You can leave a comment as "anonymous" and just sign your name in your comment. So, feel free to comment if something takes your interest.
I blogged extensively about the Berry College Eagles last year. I did a weekly collage showing B3 growing up. If you missed those, here's a link to the one I did on day 77.
I follow several nests including some Osprey and other types of eagles outside of the United States. Since they nest at different times, I have nest activity just about year round. Last year, the chick at the nest that was going to keep me going through into the fall died at a month old. I was heartbroken. That was the White-bellied Sea Eagles in Australia. Such a cute chick. They lay eggs in July, so keep that in mind if you are looking for something to watch. You can see a complete list of cams that I watch (including links) at this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment