Sunday, May 31, 2015

Dyfi Osprey Day 1&2 Second Hatch!, Africam Black Eagles Day 2&3, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 61&63 Branching! and Injury Update

The second egg has hatched at the Dyfi Osprey nest. One more to go!

Something flew over the nest. Dad puffed up to make himself look bigger. Mom jumped up and took off to defend the nest.

Both of the babies are getting plenty to eat.


I had a bad time with cam freezes at the Africam Black Eagle nest today. These are the s'caps that I could get. So far, it's harmony:

I got a look at Mom brooding her babies...

The only time I saw the babies, they were sleeping... I will try again tomorrow!

I checked on the Harrison Bay eaglet today that had the injured nare yesterday (HB8) -- an Eagle's nostril is called a nare. While looking for that, I found a couple of other interesting interactions from today. So, here's the Not Sharing/Feeling Feisty/Injured Nare video (5:11):

The younger eaglet, HB8, also branched. It turns out, it branched Friday and I missed it. It (finally) stepped out onto the branch. (Hopping/flapping onto the branch will come later.) Here's a s'cap from today, the second time that it branched.

No comments:

Post a Comment