Sunday, April 6, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 43, Nest Cam Roundup: Hays, Two Harbors, and White Rock Bald Eagle Nests, Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In.

Today is day 43 for the Berry College Eaglet. The eaglet still needs a lot of naps:


It is standing and walking a lot more:

The tail seems noticeably longer today:

I think that Coot must be a migrating species that has left the area, because it's been a while since I've seen any Coot brought to the nest. But look at that big crop! The parents are still finding plenty to feed their youngster.

What do eaglets do when they feel a breeze across the nest? They flap their wings. They just can't help it!


The Hays nest is full of white feathers. They probably had a gull for lunch. One of the curious babies is checking out the scene. So cute!

The Two Harbors chick is not quite two weeks old. This nest is on Catalina Island off the coast of southern California. It must have been a nice day for the parents to leave the chick exposed. (I did hear a parent calling nearby.) This is another chick that tends to have a huge crop!

It was another beautiful day at the White Rock nest:



There are still two eggs. (I hold my breath every time I get a look...) I don't see many egg rolls at this nest. I hope they are turning the eggs enough... Turning the eggs ensures that they are kept evenly warm and that the embryos don't attach to the shell.

Bald Eagle Camellia has checked in. He has some missing data, but is still checking in pretty regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment