Sunday, April 13, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 50, Nest Cam Round-Up: Northeast Florida, Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, and Loch of the Lowes (We Have An Egg!), Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In

I didn't spend as much time today taking s'caps. I had to pay the (tax) man since the deadline is quickly approaching...

Today was day 50 for the Berry College Bald Eagle.



One of the Northeast Florida fledglings was enjoying some fish today:

It was an empty nest at the Southwest Florida nest when I checked in there earlier today. And it's still an empty nest now...

The Hays nest was littered with youngsters today:

I can just see the baby over the adult's left shoulder at the Two Harbors nest:

I was lucky to get any pictures of the White Rock nest because of the endless stream of advertisements. I'm talking about 5-7 advertisements in a row with two minutes of eagle cam before the next stream of advertisements started up. Very annoying! I did get to see the eggs though, but only because I had this cam up for a while... Mom was on the nest today when I brought up the cam:

Dad comes in to give Mom a break. Kinda close quarters here...
 
 Mom gets up and prepares to leave on her break:

Dad gets ready to incubate the eggs:

Here's the shimmy, shimmy as he settles down onto the eggs:

After endless commercials, the cam comes up and the adult is facing a different direction. Since I missed so much, I don't know if Mom returned or if this is still Dad:

And after another endless stream of commercials, I missed another change at the nest:

Then I finally get to see the parent off of the eggs:

Had a nice egg roll and fluff of the soft grasses:

Fantastic news at the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes nest! I brought up the cam to find the adult, presumably the Mom, in the incubating posture. They are reporting that she laid an egg overnight last night. Congratulations to all that follow this nest:

Bald Eagle Camellia has checked in.






No comments:

Post a Comment