Sunday, April 27, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 64, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Northeast Florida, Two Harbors, White Rock

It is day 64 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. I watched for about an hour and it just looked like a lazy Sunday. I didn't see any wingercizing at all...

Big yawn:


Preening:

A big shake:


More preening:
 
I caught a feeding at the Hays nest:



 
The chick on the left hadn't gotten any pieces. Suddenly, it turned away and put its head down. I thought, "Shunned."

It stayed like that for about a minute.

Then it brought its head up. I don't know what that was all about...

I checked in a little later and found the IR cam on and three eyeballs looking back at me...
 
I brought up the Northeast Florida nest just in time to see the adult fly in. I mean, I could see the adult flying in, coming to the nest. It looked pretty cool. But I wasn't ready for a screen grab and didn't get it in flight... Darn it... This is right after landing:
 

Then it hopped onto a branch:

Then zoomer zoomed in.

The adult at the Two Harbors nest was watching over the baby.
 
Then with a big stretch, the adult was on the move. 

The baby senses that something is going to happen and gets up with its own big stretch.

And then the chick makes a big racket, begging for food. Which it got...
 
I think this is Dad at the White Rock nest.

 He sure does a lot of hollering...

A lot of hollering... This is 15 minutes after the above picture.

Another 15 minutes later...

I think he really wanted Mom to come home...

And 5 minutes later...

"No Mom. I guess I'd better feed the kids..."

The chick on the right was getting most of the pieces. The one on the left kept stretching out trying to get some bites, but it looked like a lot of missed connections.

Mom must have known she was needed.

Dad continued to feed the babies while Mom watched.

And then in a flash, he was gone. The baby on the left got a little closer and got some bites. 



There was a little bit of beak-to-beak action between the two chicks.

Some more bites for the chicks.


And then Mom settles in to brood for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment