Friday, April 25, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 62, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, and Loch of the Lowes

It's day 62 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. It was harsh shadows during daylight hours today.

It's much the same pose, without the harsh shadows, tonight.

I still love the artsy look of the Hays nest under the infrared light.

It's just after dark at the Two Harbors nest, so the parent is still awake.

I should stick to only watching west coast cams so I can see a nest in the daylight. Sometimes, like tonight, it's late before I get a chance to make the rounds. I think this is Mom sitting on the White Rock nest. You can see the difference in the light as I wait for her to move so I can see the babies.


 
I like the light much better after the nest falls into shadows. Now I just need Mom to hop up and check on her chicks! Food in the nest is a good sign that the babies are getting plenty to eat.

Finally, Mom moved, took a bite of the fish for herself and then offered some to the babies. I saw some sibling rivalry already. They both brought their heads up. But then one of the babies bopped the other and it hit the deck and stayed out of the way. Only the one got any food this feeding. But next time, the other one will be the more hungry of the two and will be more aggressive. That's just the way it works... Here's the series that I took during this feeding:




I got some daytime s'caps of the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest.


I was getting ready for work when I took these s'caps and missed the position change...

Here's the scene tonight, very noisy with rain falling. And Mom is making herself as large as possible to keep the eggs warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment