Thursday, April 24, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 61, Both Eggs Hatched At White Rock Bald Eagle Nest, Nest Cam Roundup: Hays, and Two Harbors, Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In

I'm on a loaner computer, so here goes...

It's day 61 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. I've just got these three s'caps for today. A sleepy lazy wing stretch, and a head tuck. Sleep well...

 
When I first brought up the White Rock nest, Dad was incubating and Mom was standing to the side preening. I wasn't sure if she was coming or going. She stayed for a couple of minutes, then took off.


I wanted to see what's under Dad, since it looked like a hatch was in progress last night. And this is the first time I've seen food in this nest -- a pretty good sign that we have a hatch... I didn't have to wait long. Dad started calling out, then got up and left -- revealing a big pile of fluff and no eggs! Both chicks hatched since last night! Amazing!

I was a bit concerned, the way Dad called out then suddenly left. And then an eagle came in from the right.
 
It's Mom, back to resume incubation duties. And all is good with the world.

 
The puddle of eaglets looks bigger at the Hays nest. They are growing like weeds!

We need a good rain at the Two Harbors nest to wash the poop off of the camera. That's the baby, behind the poop smudge...
 
Bald Eagle Camellia checked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment