Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 45, Nest Cam Round-Up: Hays, Northeast Florida, Two Harbors, and White Rock, and A Rant Against Too Many Invasive Cam Ads

If you care to share anything from my blog, please share a link. Please do not copy/paste content to another web site. Thanks!

The Berry College Eaglet is 45 days old today. The most interesting part of an eaglet's day is when it gets food.

You will see the eaglet paying attention to what the parents do, always learning:

Not much thermal down left on the wings.

 Stretched out to take a bite shows the tail feathers better.

 



This stretch shows off how big the eaglet's body is getting.

The chick has learned from the parents to fluff up the nest grass.

In this capture, the chick is watching the parent fly away. Always watching and learning... Still lots of thermal down on the back.

There is always more preening to be done.

This chick cracks me up when it lays down. I can only describe it as a crash landing -- face buried in the grass. Every time...
 
Nest cam round-up for today.
I got to see the three chicks being fed at the Hays nest. I caught the start of this feeding by daylight, but didn't get 3 faces in either of these shots:


And then the night cam came on and I got three faces in these two shots. I kinda like it...

 
I caught one of the Northeast Florida fledglings in the nest. And it flew to perch on a branch right after I got this shot.
 
The Two Harbors nest shows how quickly babies can tire out. We go from pancake mode... 

To this... These three pictures were then taken a minute apart:

 
 
OK. I wanted to show that sequence of captures. But now I want to point something out in one of them (shown again below)... And I swear I didn't modify this screen capture and only noticed it just now. But doesn't the baby look like a bunny head/face? I only saw it after I noticed "the eyes"... It just needs some whiskers.
 
The adult on the White Rock nest was a bit of a stinker tonight. First laying this way:

Then shifting position and doing an egg roll all while blocking the view of the nest bowl:

And then, finally, a view of the eggs!
 
I don't know if anyone else has noticed the proliferation of ads being played on some of the cams. I am so annoyed when something finally starts to happen and then a video ad starts up. I don't mind ads to the side. I don't mind the ads that come up from the bottom and stay at the bottom of the cam. But the ones that replace the view of the nest are the reason that I then switch to another nest...
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment