Sunday, May 4, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 71, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, Berry College Bluebird, and Loch Of The Lowes (Great Look At The Eggs!), and Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In

Today is day 71 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. I saw the eaglet self-feeding today.

But it wasn't long before the parent took over.

I caught a poop shot today! Kinda juvenile to be happy to get this s'cap. But my screen capture program has a delay, so it's really hard to get a s'cap of something that happens so quick!

"I'm ready for my close-up!"

I saw some wingercizing today.

The eaglet is sleeping standing up this evening.

When I first brought up the Hays camera, I saw this puddle of eaglet fluff, each with different coloring.

Then the littlest got up with a huge stretch. This one isn't showing many adult feathers yet.

Then the eaglet with a little more adult feathers perked up. The one lying down on the left has the most adult feathers.

Big yawn!


Another big stretch out of the littlest eaglet.

The two older siblings are telling secrets...

Another big stretch from the littlest. How cute is that butt!?

They are just having a lazy Sunday.

Big wing stretch...

I like to see the eaglets stand at this age, showing off a new skill...

When I brought up the Two Harbors nest, I thought the baby must be behind the parent. So I took a s'cap of the parent. Then the baby moved! That's not a rock in front of the parent, that's the baby! I had to take a new s'cap since the first one I took didn't include the baby. Oops. Great camouflage!

It's a wet day at the White Rock nest. The babies are keeping warm and dry under a Mombrella.

I checked back in many hours later and it's still a wet scene.

I was hoping if I waited long enough I'd get to see the babies. And it worked! One of the babies is being very vocal about being hungry!

The other baby turns around. Both are hungry.

A bite for you.

And a bite for you.

Mom is having a bad hair day...

Everyone is paying attention to the food!

The one chick at the Berry College Bluebird nest is really getting around, looking like it's going up and over here...

I love this picture of Mom checking on her baby.

A little less than an hour later, the eggs and baby have been rearranged.

Mom is still incubating/brooding.

And I've saved the best of day for last! I finally got one of the s'caps I've been wanting!

At the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest, I found this familiar scene:

And then the adult stood up and started flapping, which was cool. I haven't seen that before. And I can see the eggs!

Still taking s'caps because I can see the eggs.

Then, surprise! More flapping...

And then, I got the s'cap I've been wanting! Someone was at the controls and zoomed in on these beautiful eggs! Thanks Zoomer! Osprey eggs are so pretty and I was hoping to get a s'cap to show to my blog readers!

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in. Usually, the check-ins are three days apart. For some reason, data was received after only one day. It's interesting seeing only one day's worth of data. He really gets around!

No comments:

Post a Comment