Sunday, May 18, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 85, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, (New Cam) Chickens, Loch of the Lowes, and Berry College Bluebird, Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In

Today is day 85 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. It was a rainy morning and the nest was empty. Rain does not make for a good picture on the approach cam, but I can still see the eaglet perched above the nest.

The eaglet was jumping back and forth between the branches and the nest. Kept me on my toes today... Here, jumping down into the nest.

I switched to the nest view and found an empty nest. Drat! Back to the approach cam...

And back into the nest.

So I switch to the nest view and she's back on the branch. Drat!

Finally, there she is!



But she quickly returned to the branch and did some wingercizing.

Yay, she's back in the nest!

OK. She's just messing with me now!


She was messing with me... But she did treat me to this pretty sight.

It was another quiet day at the Hays nest.

Followed by another quiet night... These babies are growing like weeds!

This morning, the Two Harbors chick was standing in the same spot as yesterday.

It was another beautiful day at the White Rock nest.

I think the baby is standing in this s'cap.

It crashed on its face and sat back down. Better luck next time...

Mom is watching over her babies.


The sleepy heads finally woke up!

I checked in later and found Mom in the nest with Dad perched above. It looks like Mom is feeding the chicks.



The babies are doing some beak-bopping here. It's short-lived...

It seems there is a pecking order. One laid down and the victor stayed upright.

The rest of these s'caps were taken in the next two minutes. Mom is fiddling with the nest sticks... And the babies are settling in after being fed.



Sleep well, little ones!

I found a chicken cam... (And there's a bunny too...) I'd like to have chickens some day...




It looks like even the bunny is welcome in the chicken coop!

I took some s'caps of the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest. I didn't see any evidence of hatching...



The Berry College Bluebird cam was having problems today. Then I checked it just now and found the cam is working again and... the nest is empty. She fledged tonight around 8:45PM. I'm going to miss her grumpy little face! Fly safe little one!

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in. Shelly took some pictures of him yesterday while he was in flight. You can see his transmitter antenna. He is so handsome! Good job Shelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment