Saturday, May 31, 2014

Berry College Fledgling Day 98, Nest Cam Round-up: White Rock, Loch of the Lowes Osprey, and Berry College Bluebird, and Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In

Today was day 98 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. I wasn't home all day, so no s'caps. Funny, the SWFL Bald Eagle spent many nights after fledge sleeping in the nest lying down. I haven't seen the Berry College Fledgling spend a single night in the nest since fledgling. She must be enjoying her freedom!

Look at these babies at the White Rock nest! So funny how they are laying alike. I think Mom is napping here. You can see that Dad is perched above the nest.

Mom rouses and looks around.

Then closes her eyes again. The babies did simultaneous wing stretches, but I missed getting the s'cap...

There is no hatch at the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest this year. It's sad that none of the eggs hatched. But it is also an opportunity to observe how the Osprey react to the situation. It occurred to me that it's light there now because there days get super long in the summer. I remember flying out of bed at 3:00AM once, thinking I had over-slept! Here it is, daylight again.

The Berry College Bluebird Mom has begun incubating 4 eggs. No pictures of the eggs since I wasn't home today. I only know that there are 4 eggs by reading the chat. I hope she has better luck this time!

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment