Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 88, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, and Peregrine Falcon, Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In, Meet Bald Eagle MR, Today's Q&A Session With The Doctor Treating The Jordan Lake Eaglet


Today is day 88 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. I think she's  starting to think about taking the big leap. Finally! I don't have many s'caps tonight, so I'm going to show some of my process. These first three s'caps are basically the same. But I take multiples and then select the best one. (The shadows change as the tree sways in the breeze. And she moves, which changes how she looks.) The beak looks best in the first one. They eye looks best in the third s'cap. The second is just garbage... I'd probably keep the third since there is no eye in the first...



In these two s'caps, I took the first in case that was the best I could get. I prefer at least a profile of the head, so there's really not much about the first s'cap that I like. Then she flapped, and I took the second s'cap. I'd keep the second.


There seems to be a lull in the activity at the Hays nest. The eaglets are mainly eating, sleeping, and growing.


At the Two Harbors nest, the eaglet was in pancake mode.

The White Rock babies are still spending a lot of time sleeping. But I did catch this one just waking up. The sibling stayed in face-plant mode.

I checked on the Peregrine Falcon cam and I felt like, "Where's Waldo" as I searched for the bird... Then, after I spotted it, I said, "Duh!"

 Bald Eagle Camellia checked in.

We have a new Bald Eagle with a transmitter! Bald Eagle "MR" is a 7 week old eaglet in a nest in Virginia Beach. CCB did the banding and transmitter fitting yesterday. After the eaglet fledges, her movements will be tracked on CCB's EagleTrak website.

Twizzkid put together a summary of the Q&A session with the doctor treating the Jordon Lake Eaglet on the Eagleholic blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment