Friday, May 23, 2014

Berry College Fledgling Day 89 (part 2 of Fledge Day), Two Harbors Bald Eagle Nest, and Verizon DSL sucks!

This post should have been available on Thursday May 22. I struggled for over an hour with connection problems to create this post. And then it still didn't post. So annoying! So, here's what I tried to post Thursday night:

Today was day 89 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. By the time I brought up the cam, she had already fledged (at 7:11AM) and returned to the nest tree. (Dad brought a fish to the nest for her -- a sure way to get a fledgling to return to the nest!) Here she is hiding in the branches.

This next series was taken before her second flight at 10:51AM.




She's saying, "Yeah, that's right! I know how to use these wings!"

I was interrupted from watching the cam at this point and when I looked back, she was gone. Darn it! Here is a link to a short video of her second flight, taken from the ground.

Zoomer pulled back on the approach cam, showing more of the nest tree.
 
Then we were shown a little different angle -- with the nest no longer centered on the camera. The folks at the college had gone out and located her, and she's supposed to be in this shot. She's just camouflaged really well!

This was the view that they left on the approach cam.

I checked the cam this evening and she was in the nest with one of the adults. From the approach cam...

... and from the nest cam.

I took one s'cap today of the Two Harbors eaglet, K43:

We had rain tonight, which messes up my phone because my lines are buried. That messes up my DSL -- I've already reset my router about 20 times just to get this much. I'm giving up and will post what I've got and I'll try again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment