Saturday, May 24, 2014

Berry College Fledgling Day 91, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, and Loch of the Lowes

Today is day 91 for the Berry College Fledgling. I brought up the approach cam first and was happy to find someone home!

It was not the fledgling, but was one of the adults, eating a fish.


This is about 45 minutes later -- probably the other parent, eating another fish. (I know this is a different fish since I saw the entire tail end of the fish go down as one last big bite!) They are trying to feed their youngster, but she needs to come to the nest! I will post another collage when I can get a new s'cap of the fledgling (hopefully while she's in flight!)

Edit - I brought up the cam one last time and there she was! Picking at some nestovers of the bird variety. I'm still going to wait and do the next collage using a s'cap of her in flight. If anyone has a s'cap or picture that I can use, please let me know!



You can see a bird leg/foot sticking up to our left...

I finally found all of the eaglets awake at the Hays nest!

The Two Harbors Eaglet loves this one spot!


The rain of yesterday is gone at the White Rock nest. The adult feathers are starting to come in on the babies. And they are side by side... Again!


I got some pretty good s'caps at the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest today. Not much happening at first.

Of course, I missed a position change...

But then the adult stood up and I got one quick capture before it settled back down on the eggs.

There must have been another raptor in the area, because the adult stood up again and took off.

And then, such a wonderful thing (even though it's Saturday) zoomer gave us a close-up of the eggs. I don't see any pip hole or cracks yet...

The adult returned rather quickly. See how the talons are curled in, so as to not damage the eggs.

The other adult came to the nest...

...giving another view of the eggs during the shift change.

Another close-up view of the eggs. This shows a slightly different side of the eggs since the adult had done an egg roll before laying down after the previous close-up. Still no pips or cracks...

I'm guessing this is Dad. I'll just say that he wasn't as delicate getting into position on the eggs...

And then, while I was watching, camera viewing disaster struck! The adult had been futzing with this big clump of moss. I guess it wasn't in the right place because it stood, took the clump of moss and turned to the right with it...

...and placed it directly in the way of the camera!!! NOOOOO!!!!!

Sure, the Osprey has a better view now. But what about me?!?! Hopefully, the other parent will think it belongs somewhere else and will move it...

No comments:

Post a Comment